Monday, November 5, 2007

five and dime regeneration

According to BBC’s Doctor Who website, “David Tennant's Tenth Doctor is set to meet Peter Davison's Fifth Doctor in a special scene commissioned for BBC One's Children in Need. The scene, entitled Time Crash, was written by award winning Doctor Who writer Steven Moffat, and will transmit as part of the Children in Need fundraising evening on Friday 16 November 2007.”


Peter Davison said, "It is an honor for me to be able to make the connection between the Fifth Doctor and the Tenth Doctor, however… I can feel the hand of history on my shoulder.” Looking at the promo picture on the BBC website we are reminded that Davison has not played the Doctor since 1984. He is now 56 years old but when he took the role as the Doctor in 1981 he was the youngest actor to have ever played the part at 29.


I am glad they are doing this television short for the Children in Need charity. I think this is a great medium to have a short fun story about the fifth and tenth Doctor meeting rather than trying to do something like this in a regular episode.

7 comments:

oceangirl said...

Thanks for going on ambersonic.blogspot.com. Isn't Doctor Who so cool? So is Groundhog Day and Clubpenguin.com and saving endangered species of animals! Thanks for leaving a comment.

oceangirl

Old Cheeser said...

Really like your photo comparison of the "Original" (As in Young!) and the "New" (As in Old!) Peter Davisons - you can really see the difference! He's filled out a bit over the years...

So who is your favourite Dr? Mine is Tom Baker. Peter Davison was always very underrated during his tenure but actually is pretty good in the role I feel...

James Diggs said...

Thanks for the comments. Hmmmm… Tom Baker was really the only classic Doctor I ever knew. Over all Tennant is my favorite though- then Tom Baker and then Eccleston. I’d like to revisit Davidson’s Doctor because I never really gave him a chance and I think Paul McGann could have been great but never had a chance.

James

Cory said...

Thanks for stopping by my page!

First, I see one of your favorite movies is Serenity...then you have DOCTOR WHO blogs! You certainly know good media!! ;-)

James Diggs said...

Thanks Cory, Yup my wife and I are definitely Firefly apologists; whenever we meet people who haven’t seen it we make them watch a few episodes with us and then they get hooked too. I think there is a lot of similarity in the production quality, character development and plain ol great story telling between Firefly and the new Doctor Who. Thanks again for stopping by.

Peace,

James

? said...

First off, great website!

Secondly, thanks for inspiring me to make my own little Who blog! Behind the Sofa gave me the first kick, and you gave me the second, and now I have my own Who world!

- SonicSpoon.blogspot.com -

Jenn [Sunshine] said...

Hey, lovin' the blog!! :-)